Name:
Location: Baguio, Philippines

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life Try to make ends meet You're a slave to money then you die I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet No change, I can change I can change, I can change But I'm here in my mold I am here in my mold But I'm a million different people from one day to the next I can't change my mold...

Saturday, May 21, 2005

A Million Thanks To You

Ok, ok. I am trying my best to write this without the drama (creating something without my VERY essence? how is that ever possible? HAHA!) alright, let me get down to it...

Days ago, I had a seizure (yup, you read it right). No, it's not the same thing you have probably read from the Katrina comic strip from a national newspaper. Still, it's as messy and shocking; had the fever so high that makes you sweat as if you came out from spending a day in the sauna. Of course, am sparing a few faithful readers (as of last count there were comments from three friends, so there) with the embarassing details. Believe me, you wouldn't want to know about it.

Anyway, I was rushed to the emergency room and was bombarded with all kinds of questions. Looking back, I could have barfed at all of them ( EXPLETIVE! Nakita nyo na ngang ganito ang hitsura ko, kung anu-ano pang itinatanong nyo sakin, BERNA!!!) Being the understanding person that I am (hahaha!) and knowing that doctors are no mind-readers, I proceeded to recount what happened to me, what foods and medicine I am allergic to, what I ate, when I had the fever, etc.) What just pissed me off is that it seems EVERYBODY in the hospital seemed to want to know what happened to me: nurses, interns, doctors...for all I know there was somebody in the hospital masquerading as an intern and gave me something and that was the end of me...nah, too much imagination. It's as if it was a no-no for somebody to relay information to one another; everything had to be first-hand. I later consulted with friends who were medical school students and found out that this had to be done as there could be a different diagnosis from the one previusly reported. Oh well, who am I in a position to argue? I'm just the one possessing this so-called life...

Anyway, everything went well. I would have to wait for the other test results to come in but so far everything's fine, thank God! Am really hoping it never happens to me again, it's too much.

Well, to end this, I just really want to thank everybody who helped me through this experience. I know I didn't inform everybody about my condition ( I'm not the type of person who goes around saying "Hey, I'm sick. Come visit me, please!" Not to mention, I'm sick so could I really think of holding a press conference about it? I know, you're concerned and thank you). Thanks to my beloved Sorceress teammates for sparing some time to visit li' ol' me. I know how everyone is when the clock strikes 7:45 am on Saturdays but, really, thanks!

To my college friends, thanks for the visits, checking on me through text or coordinating with my housemates as to how I was feeling. It helps a lot :)

Last but not the least, my housemates: Man, I wouldn't know what to do without you, guys. Without exaggerating, I may be dead by now if not for you (Ooh, how my detractors would love that!) I know that it wasn't all too painstaking to stay with me in the hospital because of the airconditioned room and cable TV (now admit it, everybody enjoyed it, right?) but I know the sacrifices you had to make, of which am very grateful. So I'd really like to say thanks to you, I really appreciate it. Hope I could repay you with cash (now wouldn't everybody love that? hahaha!) but I'll think of something :p

Best actress award: my roomie! Daghang salamat, day! Wish was wide-awake as I seemed to be when you were trying to bring me back to consciousness. Maybe the angels brought me back so I couldn't miss it, hahaha!

To everyone, the best of health and I love you, guys!

(Yup, that's proof I'm normal: Mushy na naman ako. Didn't know old people had mood swings like this. Bah!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home